POSITION: NURSERY ATTENDANT
Supervision: Staff Committee and NHCC Ministers
1. Offer and provide for the emotional, physical and social needs of young children, ages
birth to 3 years old, during the time they are in the church nursery.
2. Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities.
3. Prepare and maintain a warm, safe environment that is orderly, clean and appealing.
4. Establish and maintain good communication and be sensitive and responsive to parents
and /or custodial adult.
5. Read, understand and follow nursery policies.
6. Be on site in the nursery for the entire scheduled time.
7. Arrange for substitute in the event of absence from scheduled time. Notify church
office by the Wednesday prior to the Sunday in question, at the latest, with information
of the arranged substitute.
8. All personal cell phones/electronic devices are not to be used during nursery hours.
9. The medical/safety committee requires radio to be on and monitored. Use in case of
Hours: 9:15am –11:00 am. Hours could vary if worship schedule is revised.
Must stay in the nursery the entire scheduled time, or until last child is picked up.
1. Background experience in child care and/or early childhood development.
2. Must be a nurturing, caring, patient caregiver who enjoys working with young children.
3. Outgoing personality and ability to work well with children and communicate with parents
and other supervising adults.
4. Organizational skills helpful.
5. CPR and First Aid certification required.
6. Must be 16 years of age or older.
7. Must complete back ground check
8. Must obtain Safe Child certification
Starting compensation will be:
a. $50 per worship time.
b. Other times, as an attendant would be necessary: compensation will be negotiated
for each event separately.
Start Date: May 20, 2018
Send Resume to:
New Hope Community Church
17699 E. Hampden Avenue
Aurora, CO 80013
ATTN: Staff Committee