1. Offer and provide for the emotional, physical and social needs of young children, ages birth to 3 years old, during the time they are in the church nursery.
2. Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities.
3. Prepare and maintain a warm, safe environment that is orderly, clean, and appealing.
4. Establish and maintain good communication and be sensitive and responsive to parents and /or custodial adult.
5. Read, understand and follow nursery policies.
6. Be on site in the nursery for the entire scheduled time.
7. Arrange for substitute in the event of absence from scheduled time. Notify church office by the Wednesday prior to the Sunday in question, at the latest, with information of the arranged substitute.
8. All personal cell phones/electronic devices are not to be used during nursery hours.
9. The medical/safety committee requires radio to be on and monitored. Use in case of emergency.
Hours are: 9:15am –12:00 pm.
Hours could vary if worship schedule is revised.
Must stay in the nursery the entire scheduled time, or until last child is picked up.
1. Background experience in child care and/or early childhood development.
2. Must be a nurturing, caring, patient caregiver who enjoys working with young children.
3. Outgoing personality and ability to work well with children and communicate with parents and other supervising adults.
4. Organizational skills helpful.
5. CPR and First Aid certification required.
6. Must be 16 years of age or older.
7. Must complete back ground check.
8. Must obtain Safe Child certification (New Hope with facilitate).
Starting compensation will be:
$50 per Sunday
Other times, as an attendant would be necessary: compensation will be negotiated for each event separately.
For the full job description, feel free to email Deb at the church office at email@example.com.
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.